The authorized analytics platform Lex Machina, which is owned by LexisNexis, has once more expanded its protection, this time including a Chapter 11 chapter module that gives authorized analytics for over 115,000 Chapter 11 proceedings.
The module contains the complete docket in any chapter continuing filed after 2009 in a U.S. Chapter Court docket underneath Chapter 11 of the chapter code, which supplies a approach for firms to reorganize and maintain their companies working whereas paying off collectors over time.
The module provides filters for instances involving enterprise debtors, voluntary petitions and confirmed plans, in accordance with Lex Machina. It additionally incorporates tags particular to chapter observe to filter for particular features of the docket together with the petition, Chapter 11 plan, schedules, and affirmation orders.
In keeping with Lex Machina, examples of searches that may be carried out utilizing the chapter analytics embody:
- Who’re probably the most lively collectors?
- Which legislation companies have probably the most expertise representing creditor committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcies?
- What are probably the most lively districts by variety of Chapter 11 bankruptcies filed?
- What number of instances has my decide presided over a Chapter 11 chapter that resulted in a confirmed plan?
- How a lot expertise does my decide have presiding over Chapter 11 bankruptcies that contain small enterprise debtors?
- What’s the median time to plan affirmation for Chapter 11 bankruptcies filed within the Southern District of New York?
- What number of Chapter 11 proceedings have been filed during the last 5 years with no less than $5 million in property?
“With Lex Machina’s Chapter 11 Chapter Module, legal professionals can uncover how a lot expertise a selected chapter courtroom decide has presiding over Chapter 11 bankruptcies with over $5 million in property, or how lengthy it takes to achieve plan affirmation in a particular district,” stated Carla Rydholm, Lex Machina’s senior director of product administration.
“Chapter analytics help companies and authorized practitioners in making extra knowledgeable choices about venue, timing, funds, and technique.”