Gotham Knights has arrived with, effectively, a little bit of a whimper. The spinoff of the Arkham sequence, which casts you as 4 of Batman’s sidekicks within the aftermath of the Darkish Knight’s obvious demise, is simply typically underwhelming, however that definitely wasn’t helped by a bunch of ongoing efficiency points on PC.
The primary patch for the sport has arrived, which doesn’t tackle these, however makes a bunch of tweaks and for causes unknown removes Denuvo, the anti-piracy tech beloved of players in every single place. This appears odd however is one thing we have seen earlier than with different titles, which launch working Denuvo (or one of many equivalents) then removes it as soon as that preliminary gross sales interval has handed.
Different fixes embrace graphical glitches, management points, and reasonably amazingly “Invincible enemies enjoying a ‘meditating’ animation will now not seem in crimes.” I imply, I would have beloved to have seen that: may’ve improved the expertise.
The total patch notes are beneath:
- Invincible enemies enjoying a “meditating” animation will now not seem in crimes.
- Varied UI problem fixes.
- Fastened points brought on by graphical settings not being utilized correctly.
- Varied localization fixes.
- Fastened varied Keyboard/Mouse particular enter points.
- Co-op: Fastened a difficulty that was stopping having the ability to be a part of pals by means of invitations.
- Stability: Varied crash fixes all through the title, most notably throughout the S.T.A.R. Labs “free the scientists” combat and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Struggle.
- Fastened an AMD particular crash associated to shadows.
- Identified Points: There could also be some compatibility points with Nvidia Ansel that we’re nonetheless investigating for this patch.
Regarding the efficiency points, the official account says only that “The crew is difficult at work on a bigger Patch to enhance efficiency general and provide the very best expertise.”
There’s extra to return from Gotham Knights, with the massive promise being the arrival of 4 participant co-op in some unspecified time in the future. Whether or not that is able to saving this model of Gotham is a cliffhanger that we are able to in all probability already guess on the reply to.